Book by Dr. Soroya Bacchus, M.D.
Soroya Bacchus, MD, is a board-certified psychiatrist and treats patients at Psychiatry Unplugged. Her book named, ‘HOW TO DETOX YOURSELF FROM ALCOHOL’ will help people to fight against alcohol addiction. To know more about the book, please continue reading.
If you’ve decided to quit drinking, that’s great but you don’t want to stop cold turkey. Detoxification from alcohol has more complications from withdrawal than any other drug, and the death rate for alcohol withdrawal is between five and eight percent. In How to Detox Yourself from Alcohol, you’ll learn how addiction starts in the first place, the risks of detox, and how to safely quit drinking. Soroya Bacchus, M.D., board-certified in psychiatry with sub-specialization certifications in addiction medicine and psychosomatic medicine, helps you:
- Understand what alcohol does to your body
- Recognize the effects of alcohol that can’t be reversed
- Determine whether you have a problem with alcohol consumption
- Decide whether you are a good candidate for self-detox
- Respond to unforeseen problems as you seek to stop drinking